Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I've been tagged!

My friend Shannon at Withwards tagged me. That means I'm supposed to tell you six (I think) little known facts about myself.

Here goes:

1. I do my best thinking in the shower and have actually considered putting a waterproof notepad in there so I can remember all those great insights after I'm dry.

2. My dream house is a small cabin in a big woods - big porch, with a swing. Workshop for David, stable for my horses. Not too small - gotta have room for family and friends.

3. I want to hike the Appalachian Trail. I'd start tomorrow if I could.

4. I have a serious interest in nutrition, herbs and holistic healthcare.

5. I love snow! One of my favorite childhood memories is of snowy nights when my parents would conclude that the next day was almost certainly a 'snow day' - sort of like hurricane days here when schools are closed - and we would hop on the snowmobiles and go for a ride. The woods on a snowy night have a kind of quietness that is awe-inspiring - and the stars when the sky clears -indescribable!

6. I hope this one isn't little known but I have to put it here because it is such a big part of who I am... I love, love, love, my husband, my children, my family and friends! And I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!


I'll tag some of you later - but first I have a list a mile long because... I'm off to Michigan tomorrow to visit my aunt, uncle, cousins, etc. and to celebrate the wedding of my godson/cousin Matt B. and his fiance Ambre. I haven't seen most of these people in years and years so we have a lot of catching up to do.

I know my very capable family can handle life without me but I just want to make it as easy for them as possible. Hence, I've started decorating the house with sticky notes - telling what meds the cat gets, who eats what kind of food with which supplements, when. 'Don't forget to find and feed the tortoise.' 'If you do any laundry, carefully check that the tortoise wasn't sleeping in the pile before you throw it in the washer.' It's funny, my family already does all this but I feel like the orchestra conductor throwing cues right and left. They'll be fine. I'll miss them.

3 comments:

Allie said...

Hee hee - I tagged Shannon for this thing, and one of the ones I put on when I was tagged was that I want to hike the Trail. Someday!!

p.s. this is cryptic, I know, but remember the thing I asked you to consider a while ago? The day that decisions will be made on their behalf is tomorrow. Please pray!!

Allie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs said...

You were here and I was gone
Now I'm here and you're gone. :-)

My family did well without me. However, I think they're allergic to laundry!