Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Summer Reading

What are you reading?

I've got a couple of good books going. First is Good and Angry: Exchanging Frustration for Character in You and Your Kids! by Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller. This is the second of their books that I've read and I've loved both. In fact I liked the first one so much that we turned it into a ladies Sunday School class. This one is just as good.

I'm also reading/rereading When the Brain Can't Hear by Teri James Bellis, Ph.D. It's all about auditory processing disorders. Interestingly enough, it's written by a woman who is a professor of audiology and who acquired adult-onset APD as the result of head trauma from an auto accident. It is the best book on the subject I've ever read. Very nuts and boltsy.

I recently discovered that I can check out magazines from the library so I've got a stack of Florida Gardening magazines and a book called Natural Florida Landscaping. Those are my light reading right now.

2 comments:

Mrs said...

I'm pre-reading the Peter Pan Prequel recommended by Rachel (for Glenna).

I'm reading "Manners Matter" for the same kid.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

She Stayed (an autobiography of the wife of a country singer we used to listen to. We being my Mom and I)

Yes, you've read that correctly. I have four books going at once.

Anonymous said...

Jane Austen's Persuasion and Northanger Abbey
A Christian Manifesto by Francis Schaeffer.

I haven't thought beyond those three, but I really want to get some good reading in before the textbooks hit!