Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mexico!!!

Hannah is completing her last minute preparations before leaving for Mexico. Her bag is packed! She's working on the last puppet - dear Abuela needs her hair.

If you haven't already, please check out the team blog at www.thriveyouthmexico.blogspot.com

This is not a vacation but a working trip. When you watch the video on the team blog you'll see that they worked hard. This year they expect that the work will be even harder, if anything. I am so proud of each one who signed up to go. They prayed long and hard before they made the commitment. I know a few of the sacrifices these young adults made to do this and I am in awe. I'm sure there are more that I don't know about.

Please keep them in your prayers - for health and safety, for eyes wide open to see and understand our amazing God, for team unity, for the work they do and the supplies they provide to make a real difference, for their hearts to enlarge and take in all people.

At our house we've been meditating on Mark 12:29-31. Jesus was meeting with some of the religious leaders and he was asked which commandment was the most important.

"This is the most important,"Jesus answered: "Listen Israel! The Lord our God, the Lord is One. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. The second is: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these."

2 comments:

Mrs said...

Yesterday was a blissful day of shopping with my son. I mean that! I've discovered how he's just. Like. His. Dad. LOL

How goes the granola bars? I'm also printing out the muffin recipe (from the same people) and the beef sandwich recipe. I wonder if they'll have crock pots? Oh, and the Mac n Cheese.

Too excited for words! I never thought he would go on a mission's trip. Ever. Sunday, we were singing the song, "Savior, He can move the mountains, my God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save. . . "

He moved mountains indeed!

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

Mrs,
Your young man is one I have watched with awe! His heart of obedience humbles me and makes me want to do the happy dance all at the same time. With a heart like that the Lord can (and will) do amazing things!