Friday, September 21, 2007

Super Dad!!


H, Z, R, and J have an absolutely SUPER Dad!!

I could spend days telling you all about the wonderful things he does with the kids - and still not complete the list, so I'll just tell about one thing. It's an ongoing thing...

Over the years whenever I've gone to the Circle Ladies Retreat, David has handled the homefront with such skill (and pure fun!) that I'll bet the kids wish I'd go away more often.
(For a great look at the retreat go to my friend JLW's blog.)

This year, in addition to preparing for a big review at work and feeding the 3 children at home with him, he did the traditional Treasure Hunt!








First, he gives the kids a map and a clue...







One clue leads to another...









How did they ever find that one???








Every boy loves a good treasure map!









This place is a real jungle!








Mooo!







Dig where?









Look! An old can! Wonder what's inside?

(How does he get the treasure inside the unopened can?

And where did the mysterious fruit in the fridge come from?)













Gold!


Now I would like to post a photo of Super Dad but he is always behind the camera!!! So, the children have an assignment... get some good photos of your DAD!!!!



4 comments:

Mrs said...

Has Superdad received my adoption papers in the mail yet?

I'm looking at these pictures and thinking, "Where's H?" (DUH. She's taking Green Monkey through the snack line, of course.)

BTW, you did a FABULOUS job MCing the retreat. I think you guys need a bell or a VBS attention-getter, though I'm always happy to lend the whistle!

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

Mrs,

Elaine jokingly offered me Charlie's bell before we left. Once I was there I sure wished I had that or one of the VBS clackers! That was all the talking my voice could handle.

You amaze me at your insight! I loved what you had to say about the Shekinah Glory - I could think forever and never come up with that! Can I sit next to you in heaven?

Mrs said...

You were missed today, lady! I wanted to share with you and Lynette a book my Mom sent. The lady who grew up on the ranch (where Mom and Dad live now) wrote a book about it and included lots of pictures. She also collected old ranch recipes and included them in her book, all in their original writing or labels from cans, etc. It's really cool!

Does this mean you have a wee bairn under the weather?

As far as insight, you KNOW it wasn't me! I love when God lets us "get" something we've been hearing for a while!

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

Oooh, I wanna see your book! It sounds so cool... What a neat thing for your Mom to send.

My wee ones are allergic to FL I think. RKRs face is running. When she feels bad she looks so sad - just looking at her makes me want to cry. She isn't a whiner and never asks for a thing. I probably drive her crazy trying to make her feel better. JDR isn't as miserable but he does have more than his share of ... dare I say... snot? His face feels like it might explode in the mornings - not a pretty picture.

And I guess I needed the morning off too. I made a cup of tea and then curled up on my bed - and woke up at 12:23!!!! My tea had cooled nicely ;-)