Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Misplaced Matter

A new issue of BAR came today and while I was reading an article on the Biblical food laws and their cultural implications, I came across a quote that tickled me and sent me off on a tangent. Apparently Lord Chesterfield had a maxim: dirt is matter out of place.

I love it! Boy do I have some misplaced matter. I find it everywhere. Just this morning Jesse was helping me by removing misplaced matter from the track of the sliding glass door. It seems I am rich in misplaced matter. In fact, it just may be my most abundant commodity!

Look! There goes a bit of misplaced matter! (furball rolling under the piano)
Aww Oreo! Your feet are covered in misplaced matter!
Jesse you need a bath - you've got misplaced matter all over you!

I'm so easily amused...

2 comments:

Mrs said...

Heh heh heh. . . . Thank you for the much needed laughter this morning!

Phyllis said...

I love it! My children are covered in misplaced matter all the time these days. :-)

I'm glad you're blogging.