Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bog Bodies

OK, now to address the hot topic of Bog Bodies...

Doesn't everyone sit around discussing them? We do occasionally. And it totally freaks Zach out. Hannah thinks they're fascinating. Her eyes light up and I can just picture her out in a peat bog imagining the histories of these people. Who were they? How did they end up there? What kind of lives did they live? Zach just shudders... and shudders... and shudders. He doesn't even want us to say... bog bodies...


So thanks to National Geographic, our scanner, and the technical abilities of our children...


Bog Bodies!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm speechless. Actually, it takes a lot more than a bog body to leave me speechless. I am very intrigued! What stories they would tell!

Mrs said...

Do they really still have their hair? The fact that they're redheads speaks volumes. ;-)

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

They do still have their hair - but I'm not sure about the color. It might be caused by soaking in the peat bog for a really long time - since it turns their skin that brown color too.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Bekah,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I absolutely LOVE the pillow! I have used it the past two nights just because it's so amazing. I even used it as a pillow in the dentist's chair yesterday. ;)

Mrs said...

I wonder if blog bodies resemble bog bodies?

I echo Jessie's comment on the pillow. It was my greatest treasure driving to AR and back! Under the head, over the head . . . it can't be beat.