Saturday, June 7, 2008

Another book...

Well, I just read some funny chick fiction. Linda Windsor has a series of romantic comedies that I discovered during a recent stroll through a different branch of my local library. Just what I needed. Really light weight reading and howl out loud funny! Paper Moon is my fave.

I'm also working on another book with a much more serious topic. Funny title: Why We're Not Emergent (By Two Guys Who Should Be) by Kevin DeYoung and Ted Kluck. Moody Publishers. If you've never heard of the emergent/emerging church/conversation/journey... you need to do some research. It is a very real movement and is engaging many of our young people. EEEK! H. picked this book up one day while we were shopping, started reading, and decided we needed to take it home. She is finding it very relevant after spending this year on a secular campus. Postmodernism is something much more tangible to her now. I'm so thankful for the good foundational teaching she's had all her life! What a joy to be walking this earth with her as a young adult where she gets to teach me about what is going on in the world!

And yes, she's still in Mexico. The glimpses I catch of her in photos they post on their blog tell me she's fully into the experience. That's my girl!

1 comment:

Mrs said...

I love the pictures of Hannah! Have you seen such a smile? Beautiful!

Did you ever get a chance to listen to that sermon on the emergent church that I sent? It was enlightening. I'm definitely looking for that book, though.