Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Happy Birthday Zachary!!!

Zach turned 16 today. Unfortunately it was in many ways just another day. We made his birthday dinner on Sunday - Hamburgers on the grill, baked beans and chips (BBQ chips for him.) He got to open his gifts then too but we were heading back to church for a missions dessert so we saved his cake for today.

Birthday cakes around here are a special deal. The birthday child gets to ask for any kind of cake with anything they'd like on top. Mom makes the cake and Dad decorates it!







Zach chose an icecream cake with fudge topping with a Redfish on top. There is a bit of glare on the photo but David did his usual fantastic job with the decorating. Zach managed to blow out all 16 candles in one big whoosh!

Tomorrow afternoon he's planning a trip to the Bass Pro Shop. I discovered a nice little nook where I can sit and read and have a cup of coffee while he shops and that way I won't drop! ;-]

4 comments:

Mrs said...

Happy Birthday, Zach! WOW!

Fantastic cake, Zach Mom and Zach Dad! Did he air brush it, by any chance?

DaDaHaZaReJe said...

nope he did it all by hand!!!

Zach

Anonymous said...

Ah! I TOLD myself not to forget to wish Zach a superbly happy birthday at youth group. But, of course, I did. =/

Happy belated birthday, Zach!
Great cake choice!

We also get to choose our type of cake. Last year, it was strawberry for me! Mmmm, now I'm hungry.

AmdnargR said...

Good looking guy!
Also good looking cake!
That Redfish looks like a real fish! I hope you have (had) a great fishing day today!